Effective Date: February 22, 2020
Updated: February 22, 2020
1. The data controller of your personal information
2. Personal Data Collected
In the context of rendering our Services and Products, we may collect information about you. This information regularly includes the following:
- If you create an account: Your name, email address, time zone and a list of Facebook Pages you own (page names, IDs, categories, number of likes).
- If you use our Products or Services: Your name, gender, language settings, time zone, and avatar picture as long as your privacy settings permit access to these pieces of information.
- If you use third-party account credentials to log in to our Services or Products: We may collect some information associated with your third-party account such as your name, email address, time zone and a list of Facebook Pages you own (page names, IDs, categories, number of likes).
- If you contact us (via our Website or via phone, email or letter), e.g. for a support request, respond to a survey, or send us an inquiry: Name, e-mail address, IP address, information on our communication with you and any additional information you provide us with.
3. How We Collect Your Information
Your personal information is collected in many ways and may include:
- Personal information you provide to us: Most of the personal information we receive comes to us voluntarily from our users in the course of using our services, such as when visiting our Website, communicating with us or in the process of requesting our services or products. You are free to choose which information you want to provide to us or whether you want to provide us with information at all. However, some information, such as your name, email address, Facebook ID, and information on your requested services may be necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations. Without providing this information, you will not be able to order certain services and/or products or enter into a contract with us.
- Personal information we receive from others: We may receive personal information about users from third parties such as social media sites, law enforcement agencies, providers of denied party screening and marketing consultants. ‘
4. Legal Basis on the Collection of Your Personal Data
Please note, the notice on the legal grounds refers to the legal justifications under the GDPR which only applies to our operations to the extent we service or monitor EU residents. The reasons for using your personal information may differ depending on the purpose of the collection. Regularly we use your information for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- We use your information in order to perform our contractual services or prior to entering into a contract with you. If you order our services or our products from Optomatica or if you contact us to request our services or products, we use your information to provide you with these services. Information we use includes; information we need to contact you or otherwise communicate with you; if you are a registered user; information to manage your account; information to enable the usage of services; information for invoicing and payment follow up when needed.
- We use your information if justified by our legitimate interests. The usage of your information may also be necessary for our own business interests. For example, we may use some of your information to evaluate and review our business performance, create financial statements; improve our services and products or to identify potential cybersecurity threats. If necessary we may also use your information to pursue or defend ourselves against legal claims. We may use your email address and names for our email marketing campaigns. You can object to this use at any time by following the link to unsubscribe at the bottom of our marketing emails.
- We use your information to comply with legal obligations. We are obligated to retain certain information because of legal requirements, for example, tax or commercial laws. We will only use your information for the purposes for which we have collected them. We will not use your information for other purposes. We do not use your personal information for automated individual decision making.
5. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers and/or advisors: Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include marketing campaign services, providing mailing or email services, tax, and accounting services, product fulfillment, payment processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytics services; These third parties may include; Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, MailChimp, Intercom, Stripe, Facebook, etc. Any such service providers will by appropriate data processing agreements be bound to only process the data on Opomatica’s behalf and under its instructions.
- Promotional partners: Third parties with whom we partner to provide promotional activities, which will be identified by name in the context of these activities. Optomatica has partnered with third parties who provide promotional activities in the past and intends to partner with them in the future. However, Optomatica does not partner with any such third party at the moment. These partners will be identified by name in the context of these activities. Optomatica assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our legal claims or to protect the security or integrity of our services and products; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Optomatica, our visitors, or others.
6. Duration of Personal information Saving
We will store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the personal information, in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests. In general, information obtained in the course of providing our services and products will be blocked from general access within a few days and deleted latest within 3 years after the end of us providing our services unless an earlier deletion is requested or has been agreed upon, or statutory retention requirements require a longer retention or we need to retain such data for own legitimate interests, for example, the defense against IT security threats. For example, national commercial or financial codes may require to retain certain information for up to 10 years.
7. Protection of Your Data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you use our services and products. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
8. Safeguarding your Personal Information in case of an International Transfer
9. Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of our services and products, such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites and products when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our services and products work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our websites, services, and products. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited, the links you have followed and may also gather information about your online activity after you leave our websites. We will use this information to make our websites, the advertising displayed on it, and the marketing messages we send to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties who provide a service to us for this purpose.
- Third-party cookies. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies tags when you click on an advertisement or link on our website(s). These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies.
Management of Cookies
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web
We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our service and products and to understand more about the demographics of our users.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at [email protected].
11. Your Rights and Choices
We want you to understand your rights and choices regarding how we may use your personal information. Depending on how you use your information, these rights and choices may include the following:
- Individual Rights; You have specific rights under applicable privacy law with respect to your personal information that, we hold, including a right of access and erasure and a right to prevent certain processing activities.
If you are a resident in the European Union, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information that, we hold;
- Right of access; The right to obtain access to your personal information.
- Right to rectification; The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure; The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction; The right to obtain restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as, where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period of time enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to portability; The right to portability allows you to move, copy or transfer personal information easily from one organization to another.
- Right to object; You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. You can object to marketing activities for any reason whatsoever.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below. For cookies or email marketing, we provide the following easily usable option:
- Cookies Settings and Preferences; You may disable cookies and other tracking technologies through the settings in your browser.
- E-Mail Settings and Preferences; If you no longer want to receive marketing e-mails from us, you may choose to unsubscribe at any time by sending a blank email to [email protected]
In addition to the aforementioned rights, as an EU resident, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at https://gdpr-rep.eu/
13. Optomatica Contact Information